We don’t know you, but chances are high that you use a WordPress website, considering the platform holds a global market share of 43%. In that case, it would be beneficial for you to learn how to create an interactive walkthrough for your website. User retention is important as it can help businesses and websites increase their revenue and grow their customer base. And it’s here where a tour creation software can help.
So for those of you out there who are willing to create engaging and interactive website tours for your WordPress web apps, you might be looking for a plugin that allows you to do that easily and quickly. Product tours are a great way to introduce users to your product or service, guide them visually to different elements on your website, and this way increase user retention and satisfaction.
In this article, we will show you how to use the Bytes Route WordPress plugin, an enhancement that allows non-technical users or webmasters create web product tours in minutes.
How to install BytesRoute on WordPress using BytesRoute Plugin?
Install BytesRoute on WordPress first if you want to fully use the potential of product tours and walkthroughs. The procedure is fairly simple.
1. Log in to your WordPress admin panel and go to Plugins -> Add New
2. Type Bytes Route in the search box and click on the search button. Find Bytes Route plugin. Then click on Install Now after that Activate the plugin.
4. Install the Bytes Route Chrome Extension. This will enhance your browsers’ capabilities.
5. Create your first product tour using the tour builder.
6. Connect your domain with Bytes Route by adding the Bytes Route script code snippet to your site. Copy your Bytes Route code snippet
7. Return to the Bytes Route plugin in WordPress and submit the Bytes Route code snippet.
It’s as easy as that, and you’re all set to begin crafting interactive walkthroughs for your WordPress site.
You also have a video tutorial describing this installation process here:
How to create a product tour with Bytes Route
Creating a product tour is an easy process now, we made it available even for the non tech-savvy. The step-by-step detailed tour creation tutorial, including the setup needed to be able to start the creation process, can be found by visiting our dedicated page, but I will also resume it for you here:
After installing the Bytes Route Chrome extension, you can create your first tour using the tour builder. Then, make sure that you connect your web app with Bytes Route by inserting the Bytes Route script code snippet into your website (remember that you can use our plugin if you have a WordPress site).
Now for creating the actual tour, you can proceed in two different ways. For the first way, you need to do these steps:
1. Go to the Bytes Route web app -> click on Create a tour button. You can find it in the onboarding section or in the product tours tab.
2. A pop-up window will ask you to type the URL of the web page where you want to create content. Fill in your website name and click “Start Creating”.
3. When the page loads, you will see a tour builder on the right side of the screen. Once you add your website name, you will be redirected to the site to create the product tour. To do this, you just need to “Right Click” on the element you want to start creating the presentation tour, add your info text on “Step Content” and click “Save Step” then “Save Tour”.
Creating interactive walkthroughs for your website should be an easy process, and Bytes Route refines this to maximum simplicity and efficiency.
Product tours can help you guide your users through your web app, introduce your product or service, show them how to use different features, and this way improve user retention and satisfaction.
With the new Bytes Route WordPress plugin, you can integrate our website tour software with your WordPress site very easily and start creating engaging product tours for your web app without any coding skills. If you want to create an amazing web experience for your users, you now have a solution!