Bytes Route 1.5.0 Release Notes
November 3rd, 2020
New release: Bytes Route version 1.5.0 - Flamingo 🦩
Bytes Route 1.5.0 - Flamingo is here. Like the social flamingos that live in colonies, this release also offers you the chance to cooperate with your colleagues, through the new Team Management feature.
- Introducing Bytes Route Teams, a new way to manage your tours.
- Before version 1.5.0, users could create tours and add them to their applications, but managing these tours as a team or organization was a bit of a struggle.
- Now, users can join together in Teams. All members of a team can view, test, and edit the same shared tours. This makes it easier to collaborate with your peers.
- Users can create and be part of multiple teams.
- With release 1.5.0, some big changes happened underneath the hood, meaning you will need to include the new script in your application for your tours to continue to work.
- New Script
- This new script is available in your Dashboard, just like the old script.
- The old script will no longer work, since it contains the user id (replaced now by the team id)
- Each team will have its own id, and as a result, its own script.
- If you wish for tours built under two different teams to run on your website, you will need to include the script for both of them.
- Old Tours compatibility
- For the tours you created before 1.5.0 to continue to work, they need to be edited and assigned a team.
- The new Tour finalization pop-up now has a field for choosing a Team.